Thursday, June 25, 2015

Did Jarome Iginla Specialize?

From Sports Illustrated March 5, 2007 Page 18

Jarome Iginla on playing baseball in addition to hockey as a child:

“I was mostly a catcher and a pitcher, and I played a little shortstop { on a travel team }.

I dreamed of being like Bo Jackson and one day playing hockey and baseball. I loved them equally, and I stayed with baseball until I was about 17.”

Jarome played baseball in season, in the spring and did not play in any spring hockey leagues or tournaments.

He did not “specialize” in hockey like many are mislead to do. He took time off from skating and playing hockey.




from Michael Boyle's Strengthcoach.com Blog http://strengthcoachblog.com/2015/06/25/did-jarome-iginla-specialize/
Visit Us At:

ScottsdaleSportsMedicine.net

Scottsdale Sports Medicine

via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment